Between Monday June 26, 2017 and Sunday July 2, 2017 the Cobourg Police Service responded to 197 calls for service including 10 Noise Complaints, 1 Mental Health related, 10 Alarms,1 Fraud, 13 Thefts,4 911 Calls, 3 Assaults, 7 Motor Vehicle Collisions and 5 Liquor Licence Act.
Here is a summary of the week;
Monday June 26, 2017
- Police responded to a report of two shoplifters at a north end business. As a result of an investigation, 37 year old Rachel KELLY was arrested and charged with Theft under $5000, Fail to comply with Recognizance x 2, Obstruct Police and Possession of property obtained by crime.
- Police were called to a Cobourg residence in response to a Stolen vehicle. Upon investigation, it was determined that the stolen vehicle had actually been borrowed with permission and was deemed to be a civil issue between friends.
Tuesday June 27, 2017
- Police received a complaint of theft at a north end business. The owner told police that unknown person(s) had stolen a license plate from one of the business vehicles. Investigation continuing.
- A local business called police to report that a 7 year old boy had attended his store alone and was concerned about him. The boy was transported home to his residence by police to his family.
Wednesday June 28, 2017
- Police received an animal complaint regarding a family of raccoons on King Street. The complainant was concerned about children walking to school as the raccoons appeared to be staying in the downtown area. Animal control was contacted.
- A man contacted the police to report an attemptedfraud that had taken place when he was selling a ring on Kijiji. The buyer sent more money than the ring was worth and the seller felt concerned that the buyer was going to request the remainder be sent back.
Thursday June 29, 2017
- Police responded to a north end shopping plaza for a report of a theft. The business owner told police that a trailer parked on the property had been entered and items had been stolen from inside. Investigation continuing.
- Police were dispatched to the downtown area in response to a 911 hang up phone call. Police attended and observed the phone was off the receiver with no one around.
Friday June 30, 2017
- Police were called to a west end home for a noise complaint. Police attended and the loud music that was playing was turned down.
- A female resident called police to report a possible intoxicated male walking in front of the court house. Police attended and determined the male was not intoxicated after all.
Saturday July 1, 2017
- Cobourg police we called to the area of King Street and Third Street in response to a two dogs being left in an unattended vehicle. The owner was located and removed the dogs.
- Police received a report of a male who was extremely intoxicated at the Cobourg Marina. The male was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated by a doctor. The male was also charged under the Liquor License Act for being intoxicated in a public place.
Sunday July 2, 2017
- Police received a report of a male who was extremely intoxicated in the east end of Cobourg on the street. The male was transported by ambulance to a local hospital where he was treated by a doctor. The male was also charged under the Liquor License Act for being intoxicated in a public place.
- Police were dispatched to the Cobourg beach in response to a missing 3 year old boy. The boy was located safe by a life guard and was returned to his relieved mother.