From the 19th of June 2017 through the 25th of June 2017, the Cobourg Police Service responded to 186 occurrences including: 9 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 7 Mental Health calls, 5 Alarm calls, 9 Theft calls, 7 Suspicious Persons calls, 7 Domestic/Family Disputes, 4 Neighbor Disputes and 7 Assault calls. Here are some examples of calls for service for the week:
• Police recovered a stolen vehicle that was abandoned in the parking lot of a local business.
• Police responded to the theft of a quantity of change from an unlocked motor vehicle. Police are reminding the public not to keep valuables in their vehicles and to keep their vehicles locked at all times.
• Police charged a male driver with Drive Motor Vehicle with no Valid Licence under the Highway Traffic Act after a vehicle stop on D’Arcy Street.
• An adult male was arrested for being intoxicated in a public place in the downtown core and released from custody when sober.
• Police responded to a family dispute at a local hotel involving an argument between a mother and son. Both parties were spoken to and counselled by police with no charges being laid.
• Police located a student who was reported missing after failing to return home after school. The student was found in good health and returned to the care of his/her parents.
• The driver of a motor vehicle was charged with Fail to Yield from Driveway under the Highway Traffic Act after a motor vehicle collision on Strathy Road.
• The driver of a motor vehicle was charged with Careless Driving under the Highway Traffic Act after a collision on Division Street.
• Cobourg Police assisted with traffic control on Elgin Street East between Division Street and Birchwood Trail after flooding of the roadway.
• Police investigated the theft of household items from a residence that was under renovations.
• The driver of a motor vehicle was charged with Follow too Close under the Highway Traffic Act after a motor vehicle collision on King Street East.
• An adult male was issued a trespass notice from a local store after attempting to steal food items.
• A male driver was charged with Drive Suspend, Careless Driving, and Fail to Surrender Permit under the Highway Traffic Act after a motor vehicle collision on Elgin Street East.
• A Youth was arrested and charged with Failing to Comply with Probation after being found breaching the conditions of his/her Probation.