Between Monday May 29, 2017 and Sunday June 4, 2017 the Cobourg Police Service responded to 195 calls for service including 4 Noise Complaints, 3 Mental Health related, 10 Alarms,1 Fraud, 10 Thefts,5911 Calls, 2 Break and Enters,8 Assaults, 10 Motor Vehicle Collisions and 3 Liquor Licence Act.
Here is a summary of the week;
Monday May 29, 2017
- Police responded to a motor vehicle collision at King Street East and Coverdale Avenue involving two vehicles. One driver was charged with Careless driving.
- Police were called to a local long term care facility in response to a physical altercation involving two elderly residents. No charges were laid.
Tuesday May 30, 2017
- Police received a complaint of Identity fraud after a cell phone account was opened unknowingly in the victim’s name. Investigation ongoing.
- A local resident called police to report that he had parked his vehicle overnight at a north end business and discovered that it had been broken into when he attended the next day to pick his vehicle up.
Wednesday May 31, 2017
- Police received a 911 call which following an investigation was determined to be a “pocket dial” or an accidental dial.
- A resident contacted the police to check on the wellbeing of a friend whom she was concerned about. Police located the male at a city hospital who was receiving medical treatment.
- Police responded to a theft of a licence plate from a vehicle which was parked overnight on Ivey Crescent.
Thursday June 1, 2017
- Police identified a motor vehicle that was driving erratically and at a high rate of speed at William Street and King Street. Upon conducting a vehicle stop and subsequent investigation, the driver, 21 year old Jacqueline THERRIEN was arrested and charged for Operation while Impaired.
- Police responded to a north end shopping plaza in response to a motor vehicle collision involving two vehicles. No charges were laid as the accident occurred on private property.
Friday June 2, 2017
- Police were called to a north end business in response to a theft. A 16 year old female who cannot be named and 18 year old Carlianne PIPER were charged with Theft under $5000.
- A female resident called police to report that her purse had been stolen. A short time later, the purse was located by the resident with all of the contents still inside.
Saturday June 3, 2017
- Cobourg police we called to the area of King Street and Division Street in response to an assaultive male at that location. Subsequent to investigation, 19 year old Dylan CAMPBELL was arrested and charged with Assault with a weapon and resisting arrest.
- Police received a report of a male who was trespassing at a residence on Springbrook Road and refusing to leave. Upon police arrival, the unknown male had left on his own.
Sunday June 4, 2017
- Police attended a residence on Munroe Street in response to a noise complaint. Upon speaking with the irate occupants, it was determined that someone had taken the resident’s vehicle and had not yet returned. The vehicle was eventually returned without incident.
- Police were contacted by a citizen regarding her friend winning a large sum of money at Bingo and not sharing the winnings as promised. The citizen was cautioned about misusing 911 for non-emergency matters.