Mayor Robert Sanderson recently unveiled a New Avenue of Heroes Program in downtown Port Hope along with the program sponsors the Rotary Club of Port Hope, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 30 and the HBIA. The program will begin this fall.
The application process is as follows:
• Applications are available at the Port Hope Public Library, Town Hall, the Visitor Centre, The Port Hope Community Hub and the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 30.
• There is no cost to participate, and complete applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Each specific service member must have a connection to the Port Hope area to qualify – they may be active, retired or deceased.
• Application forms must be submitted with a high resolution 5”x7” portrait-style photo of the service member in uniform.
• Applications can be dropped off at the Visitor Centre (20 Queen Street) and at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 30 (29A Thomas Street) in Port Hope.