In honour of national Hunger Awareness Week, taking place September 18-22, County Council yesterday recognized Northumberland food banks for their invaluable contributions to local food security.
Four million Canadians have trouble putting food on the table. Northumberland’s 14 food banks are striving to fill the gap, locally, helping to ensure that no one in need goes without.
Through the Food 4 All warehouse, Northumberland County seeks to alleviate hunger by providing a sustainable supply of food and essential items to local programs that feed individuals and families in need.
Hunger Awareness Week is an opportunity to call attention to the important work of our local food banks, and to raise awareness about the state of hunger, locally.
Northumberland County Council is pleased to recognize:
- Alderville Community Food Banks
- Hasting and Roseneath Ministerial Food Bank
- Community Works in Hamilton Township
- Campbellford Fare Share Food Bank
- Campbellford Salvation Army
- Northumberland Fare Share Food Bank Cobourg
- Cobourg Salvation Army
- Blessing Cupboard Colborne
- Cramahe Food Bank
- Brighton Fare Share Food Bank
- Northumberland Fare Share Food Bank Port Hope
- Port Hope Community Health Centre
- Port Hope Salvation Army
- 7 Hill Community Pantry